Sunday, June 4, 2017

Orzo Pasta Salad

I make this simple salad ALL the time and can't believe I haven't posted it before now - maybe cuz it's so simple and easy I just didn't think to tell you...If you are looking for a simple light summer dish give this a try - it might be a new addition to your menu planning.


Not really a recipe - eyeball the amounts and change it however you want! I just boil orzo (it's a small pasta that looks like fat rice) until al dente (that means don't cook it till it's mushy!) and then drain it and rinse under cold water to cool it down. Drain well and put it in a big bowl. For the basic dish I add chopped tomatoes, chopped parsley, crumbled feta, olive oil, a splash of lemon juice or white vinegar, coarse salt, coarse pepper. You can also add garbanzo or small white beans, leftover meat (chicken, steak, pork chop, shrimp...whatever!), sometimes I season with some italian seasoning or add other herbs, you can add chopped arugula or spinach - really, it's good no matter what!


2 comments:

  1. LOVED the chopping video, and the Orzo salad sounds delicious. I add marinated artichoke hearts to those same ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh yeah cuz my video skills are amazing and nothing like you've ever seen before lol!! Yum for adding artichoke hearts, I'm gonna try that ;)

      Delete