Saturday, June 3, 2017

Tequila with Citrus

I don't love margaritas - usually too sweet for me...we went to a mexican restaurant in town though that only serves margaritas, beer, or tequila. I told the waitress I'm not a fan of margaritas and I hate beer - what to do? She suggested tequila over a glass full of citrus slices - and turns out that is SO good! I got the flavor of a margarita without all the sugar, and I'm pretty sure with how much citrus juice was in my glass this has to count as "healthier", right?


There isn't a recipe - it's literally cut up limes, lemons, and oranges in a glass (I muddle them up a bit to release the juice) and add a shot of tequila (or more, no judging here). I like it with ice too, so build this in a big glass! Took a big Tervis of this to the lake last weekend and it was the perfect hot afternoon drink.


No comments:

Post a Comment