Monday, June 12, 2017

DIY Clutch Purse


It popped into my head the other day that I used to make purses out of placemats ALOT when I was a kid - one question I have as an adult is 'did my mom know I was doing this and if not, did she ever wonder where her placemats were disappearing to?' LOL - I saw this one at Target and it was just asking to be turned into a summer clutch (some people might see a place to put their plate haha but I see purse!).  This is a super easy sewing project and if your kid can sew a straight line it'll be a perfect craft for them too - it's literally a folded placemat sewed on both sides and velcro or a snap to close if you want. Check out how simple and fast this is:


 
this placemat is 14"x19". I folded the bottom third up about 7" and pinned the sides to keep the edges straight. Sew right along the edge on both sides to create an envelope. 

I added velcro squares to keep the clutch closed, snaps would also work







No comments:

Post a Comment