Monday, June 26, 2017

Paper "Fireworks"



I'm working on making things for Ronda's seasonal display table (click here  for Halloween and here for Fall), we're doing a "beachy" summer theme and I'll show you all the fun things I've been making for her in the next few posts. While making some pretty paper flowers I thought how much they looked like fireworks if I used red, white, and blue paper - they'll be perfect for Fourth of July decorations.


Starting with a 3.5"x8.5" strip of cardstock, fringe one long edge with fringing scissors (or just make thin cuts the entire length with sharp scissors). Tightly roll up the strip, run some glue (I used a glue stick) along the last one inch of end so it'll stay coiled up. Pull the fringe down, slightly curving it with your fingers as you go so it pulls apart and looks like a paper pompom. Add a drop of glue to the underside of the coil then insert a wooden skewer. Done. I did the flowers a little differently and will share that later (click here to see the spider mum post). 








No comments:

Post a Comment