Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Changing a Lightbulb

Haha well that's a lame title for this post but I don't know what else to call it! I have a little hint to share with you that I recently learned when I couldn't figure out how to get to a burned out lightbulb and had to ask my friend Mark (aka: Mr. French). So the bulb is under a glass cover set into a round metal trim piece that is flush up and tight against the ceiling...yes I know these pieces probably have names and if I went to the hardware store and described what I just wrote they would make fun of me but whatever, just go with it...it's stuck up tight to the ceiling but the glass is set inside it so I knew there was a trick to removing it but I couldn't tell how and didn't want to break anything. 


So I texted Mark and asked - he said to just pull down on the trim piece, it's up there so tight because there is a clip/spring thing holding it up there. So sure enough I pulled (I had to pull it pretty hard and never would have done that without him telling me!) and it did come down. The springs will still be trying to pull it back to the ceiling though, so you need to unhook one side of it so it'll stay down and you can get to the bulb. Such a simple thing but I didn't know it, thought maybe you didn't either! Don't tell me if I'm the only person who couldn't figure this out...this makes me think of "how many people does it take to change a lightbulb" jokes - this one makes me laugh:

How Many Dogs Does It Take to Change a Light Bulb?
      Golden Retriever: The sun is shining, the day is young, we've got our
      whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about a stupid
      burned-out light bulb?
      Border Collie: Just one. And I'll replace any wiring that's not up to
      code.
      Dachshund: I can't reach the stupid lamp!
      Toy Poodle: I'll just blow in the Border collie's ear and he'll do
      it. By the time he finishes rewiring the house, my nails will be dry.
      Rottweiler: Make me.
      Shi-tzu: Puh-leeze, dah-ling. Let the servants. . .
      Lab: Oh, me, me!!! Pleeeeeeze let me change the light bulb! Can I?
      Can I? Huh? Huh? Can I?
      Malamute: Let the Border collie do it. You can feed me while he's
      busy.
      Cocker Spaniel: Why change it? I can still pee on the carpet in the
      dark.
      Doberman Pinscher: While it's dark, I'm going to sleep on the couch.
      Mastiff: Mastiffs are NOT afraid of the dark.
      Hound Dog: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      Chihuahua: Yo quiero Taco Bulb.
      Pointer: I see it, there it is, right there...
      Greyhound: It isn't moving. Who cares?
      Australian Shepherd: First I'll get all the light bulbs in a little circle...
      Old English Sheep Dog: Light bulb? Light bulb? That thing I just ate
      was a light bulb?



3 comments: