Saturday, June 24, 2017

Mojito Fruit Cocktail

I made this to go with the lemon donuts I took to Al and Cathy's the other day - I figured if she had some fruit for dessert she wouldn't mind that I made donuts. Click here for that post. Since I was taking this to their house I just put it in a big bowl - if you make it at home tho it's really cute to serve in individual glasses that you dip the rims in sugar and garnish like a cocktail. I don't follow the recipe exactly and just dice up whatever fruit I want - this time I didn't add pineapple, did add a big handful of blueberries and halved/pitted cherries.



 Ingredients:

3/4 cup each diced fresh strawberries and diced fresh pineapple
2 kiwis, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
2 oranges, peel and white part removed, cut in segments and diced
2 Tbsp white rum (optional)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp grated lime peel
Garnish: sugar, red liquid food color (for pink tinted sugar on the rims) and lime slices (optional)

Directions:

1. Mix all ingredients except the optional garnish. Let stand, tossing occasionally, 10 minutes until juicy and sugar dissolves.
2. To garnish and serve (if you want): spread about 2 Tbsp sugar on a plate. Add 1 or 2 drops food coloring and blend until sugar is evenly tinted. Pour a little water into a shallow bowl. Dip rim of martini or other serving glass in water, then the sugar, to coat rim. Spoon in fruit and juice, garnish with a lime slice.

Serves 4. 106 cal, 1g pro, 26g carb, 4g fiber

I've had this recipe clipped from a Women's Day magazine since 6/04 - and I've made it a bunch!

didn't serve in glasses this time but even in a big bowl it's still really pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment