Friday, June 23, 2017

Wear: Flare Jeans with Tank Top

I just got these cute flared jeans from Express (I absolutely don't need more jeans but saw these in petite and since I love bell bottoms and flares I couldn't resist!) and made them into an outfit I like by pairing them with a (really old) tank that I would normally wear with shorts to lay around in, cage sandals, and topped with an army green vest. 

I played with shoes and toppers, see the pics below - I wanted to wear it with the 3/4-sleeve jacket but it's too warm today for that so I switched to the vest.  I struggled with the shoes since the jeans aren't very long (I bought short and usually even that's too long but this time they are actually floor length) - I normally pair flares with higher chunky heeled shoes but these need lower heels...and I don't love the proportion of flats with flares on me.  I tried them with animal print ballet flats, nude moccasins, and nude thong sandals but they didn't do it - these cage sandals are a little "heavier" looking and help to balance out the overall look. At least that's what I hope is happening haha!!


basic tank and flare jeans before making them into an "outfit"

both of these make my feet look super little and the rest of me bigger - balance/proportion isn't right...

I think these add more "weight" anchoring the look better. 

I like the jacket best but it's warm today...this camo vest is ok but don't love it.

I settled on this green vest, added a big watch and shell necklace to complete.
the necklace is on a cord and it's pretty long - but I wanted it short so just tied a
loose knot in the back of the cord, voila - the length I wanted!

No comments:

Post a Comment