Friday, September 20, 2024

Ganache Truffles

I had leftover ganache from making LeDonna a german chocolate cake for her birthday - I got it out of the fridge last night thinking I'd just pitch it but then remembered that I could roll it into balls and make super easy truffles. After rolling the ganache into balls I put them in the fridge to firm up (the ganache melted pretty quickly in my hands), and then rolled them in powdered sugar. Store in the fridge.


From the blog post for German chocolate cake:

  • 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 8 oz. (1 1/3 cups) semisweet chocolate chips

Bring the cream to a boil in a saucepan. Meanwhile place the chocolate in a large mixing bowl, then pour the hot cream over the chocolate, stir until the chocolate has melted. Let it rest on the counter for about an hour uncovered and it will thicken up a bit. Then you have options - you can serve warm as a glaze or ice cream topping; chill it in the fridge for a filling or scoop out with a melon baller into truffles and roll them in unsweetened cocoa powder;  or whip on high speed with an electric mixer for a whipped ganache frosting. This is SO GOOD - any way you use it!

Note: I whipped the ganache into frosting for the cake so that is what the truffles are made out of, I haven't made them with unwhipped ganache yet. 

9.20.23: chocolate chip cookie pie

9.20.22: thru the years

9.20.21: 30 minute tomato sauce 

9.20.19: hairy pretzels

9.20.17: funfetti cake dough brownie layer cake

9.20.16: finish what you start


No comments:

Post a Comment