Monday, November 2, 2015

Costume Organizing/Storing

This is my system for maintaining some control of our costume and accessories chaos and I thought I'd share in case you are looking for some ideas...this works really well for me.



I like to keep all of the parts of a costume together (with directions and pictures if I remember); if they fit I put them in a gallon size ziplock bag, clip them onto skirt hangers and hang in the basement - you could put them in a closet if you have extra space available but I don't...so we hung a rod up in the basement.

If they won't fit in a ziplock (like bird/angel wings, tutus, etc) I cover them with a grocery bag, cellophane or the packaging they came in and hang them on the rod. For the rest of the costumes or accessories I have them all in a large labeled box under the hanging costumes so they are all together.

The costumes stay organized and together this way -makes it so much easier to find all the little pieces of a costume that could be jumbled together if I put them loose in a box.

No comments:

Post a Comment