Saturday, November 7, 2015

Pumpkin Spice Cookies


I have very nice neighbors that did me a favor so I decided to make them cookies as a thank you. I've been reading about Betty Crocker Pumpkin Spice cookie mix - it's a limited edition flavor that's apparently hard to find and people are raving about how delish they are...well I was in the grocery store the other day and they had a few so I bought 4 - if it's not as good as the hype then I'm stuck with 3 packages haha! I made them according to the package directions but frosted them with homemade cream cheese frosting and sprinkled with pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon or nutmeg would work good too). I thought they were pretty good before frosting, not sure I would hunt all over trying to find the mix - but adding the frosting took them to yummy and I will definitely make them again!  I got a big thumbs up from the neighbors so it seems they were a good thank you gift :)

To make the frosting:

In a mixer beat together 8 oz softened cream cheese, 1 stick of softened unsalted butter, a pinch of salt, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 3 cups of powdered sugar until smooth and spreadable - if it's too soft add additional sugar to firm it up.

Note: don't add salt if you are using salted butter. To soften butter in the microwave I cut in pieces and put in microwave safe bowl, microwave at 50% power for 1 minute. You don't want to melt the butter though so watch it - the size of your microwave might change the time it takes to soften.

No comments:

Post a Comment