Sunday, November 29, 2015

Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cake

I have made individual pineapple upside down cakes before using a regular sized muffin pan, this time I decided to try making them in my mini muffin pan - they turned out exactly as I hoped and since they are so little you can eat a couple and not feel too guilty (or save room for other dessert if you make these for a dessert buffet)! 


Preheat oven 350'. Spray the muffin pan with non stick spray, put a little butter in each cup and stick in the oven until it melts, remove from oven and mix a little brown sugar in with melted butter (I didn't measure, just wing that part). Top that with a maraschino cherry and 1Tablespoon drained crushed pineapple. (The picture below is me putting the pineapple over the cherry). For the cake batter I used a small Jiffy cake mix (follow directions on the box for mixing into a batter) and poured over the pineapple, bake for 10 - 12 minutes until cake is done. Let the cake cool for a couple minutes before removing from pan, but don't let it set too long or the sugar hardens onto the pan. Run a knife around the edge of cakes, put a sheet pan over the muffin pan and invert onto the sheet pan. Any pineapple/brown sugar that stuck to the pan I just spooned out and filled in any cupcakes that needed it. 



1 comment: