Monday, July 9, 2018

Beach Terrarium

Made this easy terrarium to put on the picnic table to hold down the tablecloth - I have some little fish clips that are supposed to hold the edges down but it still flies around so I needed something heavier in the center of the table. I used a jar with a lid so it can sit out even in the rain, one less thing to have to bring in.


This is so simple: I layered tan sand from the dollar store with white sand, then put in a beachy figurine and 2 fake plants that I thought looked sort of like they'd grow at the beach. To finish I put a few small shells in the front - at first I had a bunch of shells in there but didn't like how it looked, I had to use long tweezers to pull all but 3 shells out without disturbing the plants and figurine.

This went for a 3 hour car ride on the floor of the front seat and arrived in perfect condition - I was worried the sand would settle and mix together but it didn't move. Cute, right?



one year ago: knock-off Topopo Salad
two years ago: Mark and LeDonna made Yard Yahtzee


No comments:

Post a Comment