Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Freezing Pesto

I'm loving this idea - my mom makes homemade pesto and freezes it in ziplock baggies. Her method is to put a small amount in the baggie, smooth it flat and place in freezer so it will freeze into thin sheets. Once frozen, she stands them up in the door of her freezer. You can then either easily break off the amount of pesto you want from the frozen sheet and let it stand at room temp (or micro for a few seconds) or thaw the entire bag if you want more (to make pesto pasta for example). She gave me a salmon recipe that sounds so good using the pesto, I will make it soon and share the outcome with you - I'm very finicky about salmon (I never order it at a restaurant because so far there is only 2 ways I can eat it!) but her recipe sounds like something I'll like...



one year ago: make these boho earrings (I wear them ALL the time!)
two years ago: Al's baked beans are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment