Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Baked Steak Fries

I love potatoes. Any kind of potatoes - to date, the only preparation I don't care for is German potato salad (can't say why because I also love vinegary flavors, but it just doesn't do it for me) - and I've never met a french fry that I could resist hahaha. Obviously eating too many french fries is not healthy (every thing in moderation, right? Yeah, I have no moderation when it comes to fries!) but sometimes you I crave them. Enter oven baked steak fries. We eat these often, they are easy to make and fill my desire for french fries - especially when served with this yummy sauce, I'll share more on that later :)

Scrub potatoes thoroughly, I leave the skins on but I'm sure you can peel if you want. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 6 wedges (if your potatoes are small then maybe you'll get less wedges, use your judgement). Put in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, toss well to coat. Season with coarse salt and pepper, toss again. Feel free to change up the seasoning - I've done Italian spice blend, steak seasoning, Lawry's seasoned salt...it's all delicious. But plain old salt and pepper is great. 

Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray (or line the baking sheet with parchment paper). Arrange the potato wedges so they aren't touching; bake in a 425' oven for about 20 minutes, then flip each wedge over and continue cooking until golden brown, about 35 minutes total. 



The delicious sauce to dip our fries (I'm a ranch dip-dip fan but this sauce made me forget all about reaching for the ranch) is quick and easy - come back tomorrow for the recipe! That's quite the teaser isn't it?! HA! Can you guess what the name of the sauce is? 

update: click here for the come-back sauce recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment