Friday, April 9, 2021

Garlic Parmesan Wings

For the record, I'm not a fan of wings or little drumettes - can't give you a reason other than I just never eat them. So when Al made these for an appetizer I have no idea why I tried one - maybe because they smelled divine? And I was probably super hungry? I don't know but I'm very happy to report that I did, and I loved it, and of course asked for the recipe to share. These are truly delicious - finger lickin' good! Not sure I'm going to start eating wings now but if Al is making these again I'm in (that's a little hint if he's reading this hahaha!). 



He sent me a copy of the recipe, can't tell where he found it - I'll type it out for you in case it's too hard to read:

Ingredients:
  • 3 lbs. chicken wings (note he did some drumettes in addition to the wings)
  • 1 1/2 T. baking powder
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/4 cup salted butter
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 t. dried parsley
  • pinch red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 ounce grated parmesan (about 1/2 cup)
  • fresh chopped rosemary or parsley
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 250' and place a baking rack over a baking sheet lined with foil. brush rack with oil to prevent sticking.
  2. Pat wings dry very well (as dry as possible) and place in a plastic bag. Sprinkle with baking powder, salt, and pepper and sea the bag. Shake to coat. Lay wings in a single layer on prepared baking rack and bake in lower third of oven for 30 minutes. 
  3. Increase oven temperature to 425' and move baking sheet to upper third of oven. Continue to bake for another 20 to 30 minutes, until crispy. Transfer to a large bowl.
  4. Melt the butter in a microwaveable safe bowl or in a saucepan. Add the garlic, parsley, and red pepper flakes. Pour over the chicken wings and sprinkle with the parmesan. Toss well to coat. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce. 

4.9.19: tipsy tuesday: make a grease container
4.9.18: don't throw away old or broken candles...make new ones
4.9.17: JAR pot roast (short ribs and vegetables)
4.9.16: refrigerator jam and easy ice cream cake

No comments:

Post a Comment