Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Tip-sy Tuesday: hummingbird food

It's spring and I'm loving listening to all of the birds chirping around outside. I'm remembering that last year Dave hung a couple hummingbird feeders and we really enjoyed watching them - I'm not sure when they'll show up in Michigan but I'm going to be ready for them!

Dave took this photo in CA a couple years
ago - so pretty!

I usually buy hummingbird nectar for his feeders - then my neighbor Midge said it's just sugar water and I could make it myself. Never thought of that! So I googled and found a bunch of recipes, this is the one we make now:

Combine one part white granulated sugar with four parts water. For example - 1 cup of sugar, 4 cups of water. Slowly heat the solution for one to two minutes to slow fermentation and help the sugar dissolve. Allow it to cool completely before filling feeders. Change the feeders often. 

Click here for more info on attracting and feeding hummingbirds. 


4.20.20: Claudette's paint by number

4.20.19: kid craft: pompom bugs

4.20.18: silverware holder (from a beverage carrier carton)

4.20.17: scrabble tile messages

4.20.16: giant donut cake

No comments:

Post a Comment