Thursday, April 22, 2021

Hasselback Caprese Tomatoes

This is my new favorite breakfast, but obviously it'd be suited for any meal (or even a snack). I've done it with just fresh mozzarella and basil, but for breakfast I started adding slices of canadian bacon and love it.

Simple to make - cut slices in a large tomato, not cutting all the way thru so you can fan the tomato open and insert whatever you like into the spaces. Fresh mozzarella and fresh basil leaves are traditional caprese salad items, add canadian bacon or crispy bacon if you like. Drizzle with a little olive oil and balsamic reduction or vinegar, sprinkle with a coarse salt and pepper. Yum, it's only 10am and I already had this for breakfast but my mouth is watering thinking about it hahaha. SO GOOD!

I took this picture from eating well with just the mozzarella and basil - plus it's a way better photo then the one I took hahaha:


4.22.20: garden sign by Mickey

4.22.19: make a dreamcatcher

4.22.18: LeDonna's polenta with meatballs

4.22.17: make a cork wall

4.22.16: garden statue facelift





No comments:

Post a Comment