Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Tortilla Pizza

This idea came from Cathy and it's genius. I have made this SO many times since she told me about about it - easy, quick, and healthy...it's the perfect lunch! A pizza made on a tortilla. The ultimate in thin-crust pizza. Why didn't I think of this?

I make these in the air-fryer, you can definitely bake them instead, you'll just need to change the cooking time. I preheat the air-fryer for a couple minutes on 350', pop the tortilla in and let it bake for a couple of minutes. Remove from oven, lightly spread with sauce (see note below) and whatever toppings you like. I've been doing canadian bacon or turkey pepperoni and fresh tomatoes, sprinkle with cheese. Put back in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crispy. The edges get really brown and crispy but I like that. 

Oh man this is so good, I'm hungry just writing about it hahah. Try it - it's a great thing!




Cathy recommends using doctored tomato paste instead of pizza sauce because the sauce makes the pizza not as crispy. So I put some paste in a little bowl, added a bit of olive oil to loosen it up a bit, then season with Italian seasoning. 

I like to use low-carb flour tortillas to save a few grams of carbs and you cannot tell the difference.

4.28.20: TT: baking powder

4.28.19: ðŸ”¥

4.28.18: cucumber cooler


4.28.17: Brooke made slime


4.28.16: sample sale photography


No comments:

Post a Comment