Saturday, April 28, 2018

Cucumber Cooler...by Mickey

The past year I have worked at an upscale restaurant in North Carolina called the Bistro. They specialize in martinis and fancy cocktails. I’m not really a fancy cocktail kind of girl, but I did learn a few new recipes for some refreshing and not terrible for you drinks! One of my favorites, especially as the weather gets warmer is the cucumber cooler. At the Bistro it’s served as a martini, but that isn’t practical for at home. I modified the original recipe to be more of a drink. You will need: 

A few slices of Cucumber 
Gin of your choice
1 tablespoon simple syrup (which you can make your own)
Diet tonic, or regular water if you’re a champ 

Muddle the cucumbers into a class. Then fill the glass with ice. Add gin (however much you prefer, but I do about two shots). Top with tonic or regular water. Stir, garnish with a cucumber! 


No comments:

Post a Comment