Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Prosciutto Wrapped Mozzarella Sticks

I'm going on a short trip that puts me in the air almost as long as I'll be on the ground (!) and I want to pack some snacks. Especially since my layover is only an hour in Chicago, no time to grab something before boarding the second flight and even though I'm sure I can make it all day without eating and survive, why take the chance? ;)

The easy route is to pack a couple granola bars or some trail mix, but I won't want those things when it comes time to eat them - good intentions until the boredom and munchies kick in. Hard-boiled eggs are an excellent snack full of protein but no-one wants to smell them (or tuna fish!) on an airplane! Plus I can't eat them without salt and pepper so that's not very practical anyway. Hmmm...


I was going thru my photos and remembered an easy appetizer that Janis brought to our house one day - mozzarella sticks wrapped with slices of thin prosciutto. Very simple to make (the directions are also the name of the dish!), can be made ahead of time, aren't fragile, and taste great. This seams like it'd make a great airplane snack too! Prosciutto is an Italian dry-cured ham sliced super thin, since it won't be out of the fridge all that long I'm not worried about eating it at room temp. In addition to a cut up apple with one of those prepackaged tubes of peanut butter and a small bag of m&m's should keep me from starving. And I'll throw in a granola bar just in case :)






No comments:

Post a Comment