Saturday, April 14, 2018

Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting

This is the frosting I made to go inside Luca's birthday cake - it wasn't strong enough to stand up between the cake layers but it made delicious cupcake frosting!

I pureed a handful of strawberries in my food processor, didn't need that many so next time I'll just do 2 or 3 of them (but the excess didn't go to waste, I added it to my plain yogurt). This is similar to buttercream frosting, adding cream cheese made it super smooth and creamy tho...and the berries turned it pink and delicious! So good.

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
4 oz. cream cheese (1/2 regular size block), at room temperature
fresh strawberry puree
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
3 cups. confectioners' sugar

Beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth and fluffy. Add the vanilla, salt, and confectioners' sugar until they start to blend together and then slowly add a teaspoon of pureed berries a little at a time (so it doesn't get too runny) until it reaches frosting consistency.




No comments:

Post a Comment