Sunday, April 8, 2018

Ham Pasta Salad

Dave is going to a photo party and needs a dish to pass - we have ham left over from Easter last week and I decided to make a cold pasta salad for him to take. Actually I was going to make a dessert but he's worried there won't be anything he can eat - if you're worried about that then the rule of thumb is to take something you know you can eat! That way at least there is one thing that'll work. So...ham pasta salad it is.

I made up the dressing for this salad and it turned out pretty tasty if I do say so myself. I don't have exact amounts, just add until you like how it tastes. I mixed together equal parts mayo and plain greek yogurt (about 1/2 cup each), a big tablespoon of dijon mustard, some lemon juice, a bit of olive oil to help loosen the dressing up, cayenne, paprika, pepper, and just a little salt (the salad has the salty ham so don't add much). Whisk it all together and taste if you want to adjust the seasonings. Fold into a bowl of cooked pasta shells, chopped ham, thawed frozen peas, and a big handful of shredded cheese; mix well until the dressing is completely incorporated and covering all of the pasta. If it seems dry just make up another batch of dressing.

I'm not sure he's going to remember to bring home my bowl, so I put the salad in a large plastic container and topped with a bit of finely chopped italian parsley to make it look a little nicer ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment