Thursday, April 19, 2018

Book Challenge

My friend and fellow book lover Natalie invited me to participate in a Facebook thing to choose 7 of my favorite books, post one a day, and then invite 7 other friends to list their 7 books. No explanations, comments, or reviews - just the book covers. This was hard for me because there are SO many books I love...which ones to choose? Why only 7? And why can't I say why? Hahaha! Anyway - my standard favorites that I always say if anyone asks are Velveteen Rabbit (my most favorite book), and Lovely Bones.

After those top 2 there are so many more I love - some from childhood like Little Women, the entire series of Nancy Drew, the entire series of Trixie Belden, and The Year of Janie's Diary; some that are suspense/action/thriller like the entire series of John Sandford's Lucas Davenport, the entire series of Lee Child's Jack Reacher, the entire series of Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp, the entire series of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum, the entire James Patterson's Alex Cross series, Anne Rice's Interview with a Vampire series (but only that series of hers); I don't have one particular genre of books that I enjoy reading - some others that come to mind are Bridget Jones' Diary, Little House on the Prairie (did you know there is a more grown up version of these books?), Nora Roberts' Born in Fire/Ice/Shame (just about the only romance books I like!), Memoirs of a Geisha, A Walk in the Woods, Mists of Avalon, Valley of the Dolls, Chronicles of Narnia, Enslaved by Ducks, Gone with the Wind...hmmmm what else... I know there are lots and lots more! 


What favorites come to mind for you? Give me some more suggestions so I can add to my list :)


PS: I recently discovered our library has an app that you can borrow books online - I'm in heaven! 


No comments:

Post a Comment