Thursday, April 5, 2018

Low-Carb Pizza

Feel like pizza but don't want the crust? Check out the low-carb pizza I made - let's be honest, it doesn't taste like pizza with regular pizza crust,  but for way less calories and carbs this is a great substitution! I loved it actually and will def be adding this to my lunch ideas. Didn't feed it to Dave so can't give you his take, but for me it's delicious and a keeper.

I saw the recipe online but changed it  - you can google and find other recipes (look for "keto pizza") but this is what I did to make a small 8inch pizza for my lunch:

Mix together 1 egg and a big handful of shredded cheese (I used an Italian blend, mozzarella will also work - probably 3/4 cup). Spread the mixture on a parchment lined baking sheet into a thin round circle (or whatever crazy shape you'd like your pizza) and bake at 400' for about 15 minutes until the crust turns golden. Remove and let cool for a couple minutes. Top with pizza sauce (if you're really trying to keep the carbs low find a pizza sauce that is low in sugar), whatever toppings you want (I did turkey pepperoni and chopped canadian bacon), then a handful of shredded mozzarella. Return to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes or so until cheese is melted and the pizza has turned even more golden brown.



before baking




after baking a few minutes remove from oven and add toppings


topped with turkey pepperoni and canadian bacon, bake a few more minutes

voila! "pizza"!! 



                                                                         



No comments:

Post a Comment