Wednesday, April 25, 2018

DIY Sensory Boxes...by Mickey

Hey fellow readers! My name is Mickey and I am taking over the Make My Day Camp Blog for the next few days! As many of you already know, I am Jill’s oldest niece. I am a school psychologist and currently taking classes through Clemson to get a degree in Behavior Analysis. Behavior analysis specializes on various disabilities, but particularly Autism. Being that April is Autism Awareness Month, my first post is going to be on how to make DIY sensory boxes and toys. These don’t necessarily have to just be for kids with Autism, but they are also super great for toddlers and younger children! 

The Sensory Boxes can be made from tupperware (of whatever size, just make sure you have a lid). You can fill these with various items such as uncooked noodles, beans, sand, and water beads. You can then hide various items such as toy cars, figurines, small toys, etc! The kids love to feel around in the boxes and try to find the items inside! 

Super easy way to calm down kiddos and keep them occupied!






No comments:

Post a Comment