Thursday, April 12, 2018

Luca's Birthday Cake

Yesterday I told you about using a 5" disposable paper baking pan to make this birthday cake - which made the perfect miniature sized 2-layer cake. I made some strawberry cream cheese frosting to fill the cake with, but when I put the top layer of cake on the soft fluffy filling it basically slid right off! BFF Mary if you're reading this does it remind you of anything? MacArthur's Park maybe? LOL!!! Anyway, I scraped the filling off and replaced it with vanilla buttercream, frosted the whole thing with more buttercream and added lots of sprinkles. Topped with bath toys (I washed them before putting on top of the cake!) and a candle - pretty cute. And it was a hit, literally. He kept smacking his hands on the top of the cake before devouring a large portion of it :)







No comments:

Post a Comment