Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Giant Donut Cake

I have this donut shaped pan in the drawer that I completely forgot I had, and now that I'm on my "tidying up" kick I'm going to use the pan and see if I like it - that'll determine if it brings me joy or has to go...


.

I just made a simple yellow boxed cake (follow the directions on the package) in the 2 donut shaped pans. After they cooled completely I made a channel in one of them and filled it with chocolate buttercream frosting and a layer of mini chocolate chips. Put the 2nd cake on top and drizzle with thinned out frosting - and don't forget the sprinkles!

scoop out some of the cake to make room for filling

 I filled with fluffy chocolate buttercream frosting and mini chocolate chips

don't know if the pan brought me joy but eating the leftover scraps of cake sure did :)

Verdict is that I kept the pan. If I don't end up using it more often then I'll donate it on the next kitchen cabinet clean out!


2 comments:

  1. Cute Idea. Did you get rid of the pan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, no I kept it - if I don't make another donut cake soon though I'll probably get rid of it, but it turned out cute so I'm keeping for now :)

    ReplyDelete