Monday, October 30, 2023

Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese

Last week I posted my sister's blog about banana bread at a friend gathering we had, everyone brought a dish to pass and I decided to try this recipe for mac and cheese - yes, I have posted macaroni and cheese recipes a few times but not like this one! It has eggs in it, and a whole lot of cheese...and it turned out fantastic (I'm not tooting my own horn since I basically followed the recipe exactly hahha). I did make more than this recipe called for - 2 boxes of macaroni, 4 cups of Mexican cheese blend, 4 cups white cheddar, 3 1/2 cups whole milk, 1 cup melted butter, 5 eggs (only used the 1 package of Velveeta, and 1 can evaporated milk). 


Some of the comments under the original post were that it's too cheesy - insert eyeroll, it's macaroni and cheese! Why would you want it not-as-cheesy haha? So do what you want with that information, I did not find it too cheesy but then again, I did only use one box of Velveeta - maybe that's the difference. 

Here's the original recipe:
  • 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
  • 1 package (16 oz.) Velveeta, cubed
  • 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
  • 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
  • 1 3/4 cups whole milk
  • 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
  • 3/4 cup butter, melted
  • 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
Cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente; drain. Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients.

  1. Cook, covered, on low 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads at least 160°, stirring once.

Nutrition facts: 3/4 cup: 388 calories, 28g fat (17g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 652mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 17g protein. 

recipe found here at taste of home


 

No comments:

Post a Comment