Tuesday, January 30, 2024

TT: Aluminum Foil Cleaning Hack

I saw this tip for getting silverware shiny in the dishwasher, I'm going to try it later today when I run the dishes - think it will work? I'll letcha know (or you let me know if you already do this haha!) but seeing as they found the tip on TikTok I'm sure it's legit  ;) 

...put a ball of foil in a silverware compartment in the dishwasher, it makes utensils shiny. According to research, by exposing tarnished silverware to aluminum foil, you are essentially reversing the chemical reaction that made the silver tarnish in the first place. The aluminum foil, coupled with the hot water from your dishwasher, creates a reaction that allows the tarnish from your silverware to be carried to the aluminum foil, where it is absorbed.

found here at spruce eats


1.30.23: origami heart

1.30.22: ðŸ”¥ week 5

1.30.21: creamy chicken soup

1.30.20: tbt cardinal salad

1.30.19: chocolate mint crackles

1.30.18: baked ham and cheese sliders (and other Super Bowl ideas)

1.30.17: heart cork wreath or trivet

1.30.16: sweet sunrise mocktail




No comments:

Post a Comment