Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Baked Ham and Cheese Sliders

Planning for our Super Bowl party this weekend - I'm thinking I'll make baked ham and cheese sliders which I was sure I've posted about before but can't find it anywhere...so I'll post now (if this is a repeat I'm sorry - and let me know where it is since I've lost it!). These are easy, foolproof, hold well, and are really yummy. Perfect finger food/heavy munchie/super bowl party worthy.

Of course I also can't find a picture of these delish little sandwiches - so I'll share this photo and the original recipe from Kings Hawaiian, mine look pretty much just like this (maybe not as well photographed LOL but still...)!

Ingredients:


24 slices of deli honey ham
6 Slices of swiss cheese, cut into fourths
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1/2 cup butter melted
1 tablespoon Onion Powder
1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
2 packages (12 count) KING'S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls

Directions:


1. Cut rolls in half (leaving them intact, so they are all still hooked together) and spread mayo onto 1 side of the rolls. Place a slice or two of ham and slice of swiss cheese in roll. Replace the top of the rolls and bunch them closely together into a baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together poppy seeds, dijon mustard, melted butter, onion powder and worcestershire sauce. 
3. Pour sauce over the rolls, just covering the tops. Cover with foil and let sit for 10 minutes.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for additional 2 minutes until tops are slightly browned and crisp. Serve warm.


Note: you can make these ahead of time and keep in the fridge until it's time to bake. You can also easily change the ingredients - different meat and cheese, omit the poppy seeds, whatever you want!


Other Super Bowl food ideas that I've posted in the past:
root beer bbq pulled pork
snack football stadium
football deviled eggs
mini pigs in a blanket
chocolate covered strawberries
football cupcakes
fruit helmet


2 comments: