Monday, January 29, 2018

Folded Paper Pouch

I forgot about making these cool folded paper pouches at Ronda's a while ago, sorting thru photos today I came across them and thought I'd share - looking thru my photos I realize I am quite behind blogging a bunch of things! Apparently I make more than I have days to share hahah!!

I still love the other open top pouch I made for Ronda (all 120 of them - click here for that post) and continue to make them; the last time was at Christmas when I made one with a cover which I figured out how to do all by myself (!) to hold a few gift cards. See it at the bottom of this post (I forgot how cute it turned out!).

For this folded pouch you'll need a piece of cardstock 4 1/2" x 12".

Score both of the long sides 3/4" in, then turn the paper and score across the narrow side at 2 1/2" and 8". Starting at the top where the 2 1/2" score line is, remove 8" of the long sides as shown (leaving 3/4" x 4" piece that forms tabs at the bottom edge where the other score line is - see picture).

Fold the two side tabs in, apply adhesive to the back sides of the tabs (the white strips in the below picture shows where I applied double stick tape), then fold at the bottom score line so the tabs stick and create the opening. You can notch the top corners if you want a little more detail. Once again, look at the picture to try to figure out what I'm saying - it's not hard I just have issues describing what I'm doing!
To finish, put whatever goodie you want into the pouch (Ronda's held Stampin' Up gem embellishments which fit perfectly) and fold the top part down at the remaining score line (the one that you made at 2 1/2"). It will overlap the pouch opening a little bit.
She had me make these cute tags to stick on the front overtop of some twine I wrapped and tied to hold the flap down.


A few days later I made the same pouch to hold a gift card using double-sided patterned paper, I like the contrasting pattern on the inside. You can see I didn't notch the corners, tied pretty ribbon around to keep the flap closed and attached a card to finish it.



Here is the other paper pouch that I learned to make from Ronda, I added a cover over the open end to sort of turn a gift card holder into more of a present. Cute, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment