Monday, January 1, 2018

1.1.2018 Happy New Year

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I'm posting a little later today because we got up at the butt-crack of dawn this morning to go to the Rose Parade and I wanted to be able to share a few pictures of our adventure with you. We went with a group from Paul's Photo on a "photo walk" which was the perfect way to see the floats... we got there 2 hours before the parade started and were able to be up close to the floats, bands, horses, and other marchers while they were staging - an amazing way to take pictures and talk to people. Once the parade started we got out of there (did you know there's like 800,000 people there? I did not!), but since we were able to walk thru the entire length of floats and marchers beforehand we didn't miss a thing! Best way to see the parade for sure. I don't take photos like all these professional guys, but I still think I got some good ones - what a fun day!








people sleep right on the curb to get a good spot!
 

these "angels" are from the SoCal Mini Horse Sanctuary...
I'm super allergic to horses but I want to wear this costume and walk the parade!









I love that the Budweiser float has a dalmatian running around on the top! 


look how different the parrot looks - I took this one when
 it was still dark out, the one above is in the daylight

lesson - always check your background... this looks like we have birds sprouting from our heads!

No comments:

Post a Comment