Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Tesha's Texas Caviar

I got this from my friend years ago and love it - I'm not sure if it's actually "her" recipe, but I call it "Tesha's Texas Caviar" regardless if it's hers or not! It's so good I would totally claim it if I was her! I just decided to add this to our Super Bowl munchie menu - the vinaigrette has sugar and oil in it but you drain that off, so I'm calling this a 'healthy' munchie to make myself feel a little better about all the crap we are going to eat come Sunday ;)

I don't have a picture, it looks just like it sounds - beans and chopped veggies in a vinaigrette/marinade. To serve you'll want to drain off the marinade or it's super messy; save the marinade though because you can keep adding more beans and veggies to it for a couple months. We like this with big corn chips, but tortilla chips also work.



TESHA’S TEXAS CAVIAR DIP

Mix together in a big bowl:
1 can pinto beans w/jalapeno (if can’t find add 1 T. chopped jalapeƱo)
1 can black eyed peas
       *drain and rinse all beans very well. 
1 can white corn      
1 small jar pimento, chopped
1 cup green pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped

Bring to a boil then cool completely:
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1 T. water
3/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup salad oil
1 cup sugar


Pour over bean mixture, marinate 24 hours before serving. Drain to serve but save marinade. Serve with big scoop corn chips. Keeps for 2 months in fridge (you can add more beans, etc. to marinade and keep it going).


one year ago: the hair bump trick
two years ago: pretzel hugs (these would be fun for Super Bowl with the 2 teams colors for the m&ms!)



No comments:

Post a Comment