Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Hair Bump Trick

My niece Paige did her mom's hair and makeup for her wedding last week and showed me this very cool trick for making a bump that stays in place - I will try to describe it to you because this is a great tip that I even did on my own short hair and it worked!

My sis had an updo for the wedding but it all started with a bump at the back crown - this first picture is the beginning of the updo - see where the elastic is stretched across? That will hold the bump in place - you can leave like this and just have a bumped up back crown (like me because my hair is too short) which is cool, or you can use this trick as the base of your up-do.

Ok - I'll try to describe how to do this on myself...not easy to hold, pin, and take pics haha. Bear with me:



Thread a tiny clear hair elastic onto 2 hairpins. 
Separate and hold back the hair that you want to bump in the general area of where you want it 

Put one hairpin into one side of the hair you've separated out, pull the hair elastic across and overtop of the bunch you want bumped, and then insert the second hairpin into the other side of the bunch. The pins are inserted in opposite directions, sort of coming towards each other and meeting underneath the bunch of hair.



When you let go you'll see that the elastic is stretched over the section and you can pull up the hair more if you want the bump to be bigger. I left this messy so you can see where the pins are and how the elastic is stretched across the top of the bunch. Tighten up the pins under the bunch so you can't see them - see my sisters elastic in the top picture to see what I mean!




My sister's hair is long so P then took more of the front pieces and wrapped them overtop of the elastic to hide it, my hair isn't long enough to do that so I just let the elastic show. 

I'm sure my description has made it look much harder to do than it actually is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment