Saturday, January 21, 2017

Sissy's Stuffed Spaghetti Squash

Hi All, Non Crafty, Non Cooking Sister here.. 
After much searching for “reserved” signs for my upcoming wedding with no luck I conned my sister into making them for me (I’m sure that blog is upcoming).  In return for sign making services I agreed to a blog post.   Having exhausted posting on my extensive drinking and poor organization tricks (see my past blogs) I have now been forced to resort to something cooking.

Knowing that no one is interested in my boxed macaroni and cheese recipe (boil water, pour in noodles, add powdered cheese that’s in the box) I will subject myself to ridicule by talking about my “discovery” of spaghetti squash.  First I would like to say I had no idea this was a thing. My healthy oldest daughter came home over the holiday’s and left me one as a surprise.  I called her immediately and asked what it is and what do I do with it.  Not being one to waste food I decided to give it a try.  Below is my recipe – and yes of course I ruined the health value by adding cheese.

1.       Microwaved squash about 10 minutes until was soft enough to cut.  Then cut squash into 2 halves and baked face down on a foil lined pan at 400 degrees until squash was tender (about 50 minutes)


I then scraped out the inside which looked shockingly like noodles.  This was a positive start.
  
2. I then mixed the “noodles” with 1 cup slightly cooked broccoli, a cup of cheddar cheese, and          a few shakes of garlic powder and added it back to the squash shells and sprinkled a little more cheese on top (You can never have too much cheese)..
Bake 10 minutes until cheese melted.  


It was shockingly delicious and still sorta healthy even with the cheese.  Since then I have to admit I went and bought another one (surprisingly cheap) and dumped the cheese recipe and just used it as “noodles” for my spaghetti.  Equally delicious but that one I couldn’t get the family to go for.  As a side dish they would accept it, but not as the main course.

So there you have it, debt paid.  Now Sister better get cracking on those reserved signs!


No comments:

Post a Comment