Sunday, January 22, 2017

Reserved Signs

My sissy is getting married today (!)  and was stewing about how to reserve a few chairs in the front of the room for the kids and family...quite honestly I wasn't paying much attention to her thoughts about this for the past couple weeks figuring whatever, she'd come up with something but then it occurred to me that she was just going around in circles and driving herself crazy with a minor detail that she doesn't have the time to deal with - so I sent her an idea that I liked and she said "oh I hadn't thought of anything like that. I love it" and I said "good, then it's done. Now stop talking about it" hahaha. This didn't take me very long at all to put together - so if you need an idea for reserving seats here ya go :)


I made a very quick template on my computer figuring I could get 4 signs per 8.5"x11" cardstock, played with fonts and sizes until it looked right and printed them off on white cardstock. Using my die cut maker thing I punched out the words with a banner template (but this is such a simple shape you could just use scissors and cut them out) about 4.5" long and then an equal number of gray banner shapes a little bit bigger. Hole punch thru the white and gray and tie a length of pretty ribbon thru - then I slipped a small artificial flower thru the hole in the middle of the ribbon knot. The flowers came from one big hydrangea that I just picked the flowers off of...now I'll just lay these on all the reserved seats before the wedding.

1 comment:

  1. Smarty pants! You are so talented Jill. What a great idea. Post pictures of the wedding. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete