Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Cinnamon Rolls (Fail!)

Remember when I made crescent rolls recently (click here for that post)? Well in the comment section of that recipe someone said if you freeze the dough after the first rising (the recipe makes a lot of dough) you could then thaw the dough and make more rolls or cinnamon rolls later....so I froze half of the dough with the intent of making cinnamon rolls cuz, yum, cinnamon rolls! I was cooped up this past weekend and looking for something to do that wouldn't take too much energy and thought about the dough taking up space in my very small freezer and figured I'd go ahead and make those cinnamon rolls now. Uh, yeah...they totally didn't work! I have no idea why but I just wanted to warn you to not try this with this thawed dough - or if you do try it and it works then please let me know. They didn't rise and ended up being little blah hockey puck rolls. Gross. So gross I threw them out! I have a great cinnamon roll recipe that I've been making forever (as long as my pumpkin bread, click here for that post) and in the future I'll just stick with that - and if you make this crescent roll recipe I recommend you just make all of the dough into rolls right then (it's a really good crescent roll recipe!).

I didn't even take a picture before I pitched them - but you don't really want to see what failed cinnamon blah hockey puck rolls look like, right? I do have this cute picture instead tho to remind us all that even if you have a baking fail you can still be happy and smile!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment