Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Kyle's Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash

Kyle sent me this picture and recipe all on his own, I didn't even have to beg him for it! Love that :)
I haven't made this yet but how good does it sound? I can't wait to try it...his directions:


I took garlic and onion and raisins and sautéed them with some salt pepper, allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg, and then mixed that into a sausage of your choice then cut the acorn squash in half and butter the inside and out, fill the cavity with the sausage mixture and bake at 375 for about an hour!

a couple things I clarified: (1) yep, raisins (2) he used maple flavored Jimmy Deans sausage but your favorite sausage will work (3) it's a little greasy when it starts baking before the squash absorbs it, he said you can drain it or cook the sausage separate before stuffing the squash but he didn't think it's too greasy doing it this way.

I bet the house smelled great!






No comments:

Post a Comment