Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Tuna-Egg Salad

I was reading an article about a woman that went on a diet and one of the things she would most miss was her "mom's tuna-egg salad", and that got me thinking...tuna-egg salad? No recipe given of course - especially since it was a diet article about not eating the salad haha - so I wondered how would it taste to mix tuna salad and egg salad together? Well guess what - it's delicious! I thought Dave would think it's too weird but he has asked me to make this so many times in the past month that I'm gonna share it with you - you decide if it's too weird for you! I didn't google to see if tuna-egg salad is a thing, maybe I'm the last to know about this?

hard boiled eggs
drained can of tuna fish
mayo
mustard
something crunchy - I don't have celery on hand very often so I usually use chopped up cole slaw mix.

chop the eggs very fine, mix with the tuna, add mayo to whatever consistency you want, then add some mustard (maybe 1 teaspoon or so, I don't go super heavy with the mustard). Fold in whatever crunchy veggie you have (the cole slaw mix is really good). That's it. Try it and tell me - too odd?


No comments:

Post a Comment