Sunday, January 29, 2017

Creamy Roasted Tomato Soup

I love tomato soup. Love, love. This reminds me a little bit of spaghetti sauce, but not in a bad way - it's really good and worth making. It's an easy recipe (which I always love) and since I've never made tomato soup before (other than Campbells haha!!) I didn't know what to expect - I think roasting the tomatoes first added a much different flavor than traditional tomato soup which is where the spaghetti sauce comparison comes from I think.  The recipe says it serves 8 but no way it made that much - I got probably 4 cups...but it's so low calorie that I can eat all 4 cups if I want with no guilt!


roast the quartered tomatoes tossed with olive oil
and spices for about an hour at 375'

remove the cheese rind before blending




1 comment:

  1. Nothing better with Tomato soup and a toast cheese sandwich.

    ReplyDelete