Thursday, January 18, 2018

Birthday Card Gift Box

Today is our nephew's birthday - I'm fairly certain a 17-year-old boy is not checking his aunt's blog but just in case...Happy Birthday Gavin!!! It's pretty tough to know what to give a teenage boy for his birthday so we played it safe with a gift card - but that's kinda boring so I jazzed it up with this cute gift box/slash/birthday card. In addition to the gift card it also holds a few pieces of chocolate which I'm sure will be appreciated hahaha!

This was pretty easy - you need a piece of cardstock that is 6 1/2" x 5 1/2" for the bottom, and 6 1/2" (plus 1/16") x 5 1/2" (plus 1/16") for the top. Note the reason for adding just a smidgen to the top is so the top will fit over the bottom - if they are the same exact size they won't fit together.

Score both pieces at 3/4" on all 4 sides. Cut on the score lines like I've posted before here, then fold and adhere the tabs in to make the box. Before gluing the top tho, I ran it thru my big shot die cut maker thingy to punch out this cute balloon pattern. I stamped onto the balloons with a matching kit from Stampin' Up, you could also just color them in with a marker. Stamped the date on the front, but if you have a little stamp saying that fits you can just use that (I don't have one!). I realize I'm not being very specific here - if you want more details just holler!

I put a piece of coordinating paper into the bottom of the box making a little ridge in the center to act as a divider. Put the little chocolates in to fit, add the gift card, then put on the lid. Oh, one more thing - I cut a piece of coordinating paper to fit into the top of the box and wrote a message on the back side. Put the patterned paper in so you can see it thru the balloon top.

I took lousy pictures of this project - here it is with the bottom liner in that will hold the chocolates. In the top photo I've added this to a blue base because the white box wasn't big enough to hold the candy! I just cut out the white balloon top and glued it to a bigger blue one. Then I put the striped paper in the top portion with a note on the back, so when he opens the lid he'll see the note underneath the top and the gift card and chocolate on the bottom.



Two years ago: make a parachute cord dog collar


No comments:

Post a Comment