Thursday, January 25, 2018

Anniversary Card

I had a photo from my sister's wedding last year made into a 4x6 magnet that I sent them for their one-year anniversary - I didn't have a card though and really planned to go buy one until it dawned on me that I have a craft room full of paper and supplies to make one (not to mention that I help Ronda who has a CARD-MAKING business! Geesh you'd think my first thought would have been to make one and not buy it!). Anyway...I started to make a card with a little heart on the front (I'm turning that into a Valentines card and will show you later) but then had the idea to use the magnet as part of the card.



Their wedding colors were navy and blush so I thought it'd be a little nice touch making this card from those colors. Using an oval die cut and my Big Shot I cut out a hole in the center of the navy card (a piece of 9"x 6.25" cardstock folded in half), measuring first where it needed to be so you could see their faces - this took me a couple tries to get it centered correctly. Then punched out the word "happy" from blush cardstock using a set of word die-cuts I have from Stampin' Up - I love how pretty the font is - and layered it on top of a rectangle strip of glitter paper and a glitter paper heart using foam dimensionals. Inserted the magnet and held the card shut by wrapping it with a pretty piece of ribbon. Simple but I think it's cute - Happy Anniversary Sissy!




one year ago: Kyle's sausage stuffed acorn squash
two years ago: stamp a floor mat


No comments:

Post a Comment