Monday, January 25, 2016

Stamped Floor Mat

I ordered a "Larger than Life" alphabet and number stamp set from Stampin' Up and the first project I wanted to do with them is make this cute floor mat for under Sarge's food and water bowls. Look how cute it turned out! Next I'm thinking to use these on towels and pillowcases...I'll let you know how that turns out.

I used a super cheap throw rug from IKEA (I had no idea if this was gonna work so didn't want to risk using a decent rug!) that has a very low pile, I don't think it would work to stamp on something that has a deeper or fluffier pile.  I had to stamp over each letter twice to get the ink dark enough - with these photopolymer stamps it's easy to do that since you can see thru them. If you have the wooden block kind it will be a little harder to line the letters up to stamp them more than once but you can make it work if that's what you have. I did words but you could stamp a design or symbols - I'm thinking dog paws, birds, whatever! This could also be cute for other things than a dog dish mat, maybe in front of the back door or craft/laundry/kids room? Use your imagination :)


these stamps come stuck to a heavy piece of plastic, peel the one off you want and stick it to a clear stamp block.

the stamp will be backwards, when you turn the block over to stamp it will be facing the correct way.

decide what you want to stamp and where you want to place the words, then stamp away! I used black ink and just eyeballed where I wanted the letters to go. 

after stamping each letter I stamp the excess ink off on a piece of paper, then clean it with a wet paper towel or rag and put it back in its place in the stamp set. 

what a cute face! I wonder if he's thinking "this is what you do all day?" or maybe just "what the...?" hahaha! 

I don't know what will happen to the ink when I need to wash this mat - we'll see! Another good reason to experiment with an inexpensive rug...

I just signed up to be a Stampin' Up demonstrator -  if you want to order this stamp set or anything else just let me know - I can help :).


2 comments:

  1. My wife and I just bought our first house, and we're working hard to make it our own home. We've been looking around for little project we can do together, and this is a great idea. While we're both excited about it, we aren't exactly sure how we can apply it. I think we should stamp a few walls, but she wants to make curtains.

    Frank George @ Dutch Hollow Supplies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on getting your first house, how exciting! The more you can personalize it to your own style the more like home it'll feel - sounds like you're on the right track. I haven't tried stamping words on the wall yet but I have done lots of shapes with great success. And I love the idea of stamping on curtains! Please share what you guys decide to do and how it turns out - good luck!

      Delete