Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Honey Lime Dressing

We were invited to a friends house for chili the other night and I was asked to bring a salad - I don't usually have salad with chili so I wasn't sure what to make but then I thought of a chopped salad with sort of mexican flavors and searched online for an interesting dressing. I found this one from Self magazine back in 2003 and it is so good. My friend said this is the best salad I've ever made :), guess that means this is a keeper recipe!

It's very easy to put together with just a few ingredients:

Honey-Lime Dressing
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro (or more to taste)
1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
1 tsp chopped jalapeƱo pepper (use canned for less heat)

Toss all salad ingredients in a large bowl. In separate bowl, mix dressing
ingredients. Pour dressing over mixture and toss again. Season with salt
and pepper to taste. Makes 4 servings.

I used bottled lime juice and doubled the recipe; the cilantro really adds a lot of fresh flavor so I wouldn't skip that. Put whatever ingredients you want in a large bowl - my salad was shredded romaine, fresh corn (frozen, thawed or canned would be fine), tomatoes, sliced jicama, and avocado - toss with the dressing right before you serve it.


 

A good tip for when you are measuring out honey is to spray the measuring cup first with non stick spray - then the honey will slide right out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment