Monday, January 4, 2016

Scrabble Tile Keychain

Made this for a friend that plays a ton of "words with friends" games with me and then got grief when I showed it to my sister because she wants one, and would I put it on her birthday list please - well her birthday is in August and no way I'm going to remember to make her one then so I decided to just make it for her now. Surprise sissy - remember this come August, ok?

I have a bunch of scrabble tiles that I ordered online a long time ago to make another project with but haven't got around to doing yet - if I didn't have them though I would either rob my actual scrabble game (and then forever be wondering where the "J" went haha), buy another game just to have some tiles to craft with, or take the tiles from someone's game that doesn't get played very much (and probably not tell them of course, haha!).


I drilled a very small hole in the top of the tile. I actually figured this out for myself and didn't drill a hole in my finger which is amazing for me the clutz. Dave has a big power drill in the garage and I just found the smallest bit we have - I tried clamping the tile so my fingers wouldn't be near where I wanted to drill but it kept falling over so I just held it and drilled very slowly and carefully, it worked fine and I didn't hurt myself.

 I dipped a small wire eye pin into some glue that dries clear (E6000 is what I have on hand), then inserted it into the hole I drilled (wipe off any glue that comes out of hole around the eye pin). After the glue dried I opened up the ring on the keychain and hooked it thru the eye pin, then closed the ring back together (use either tweezers or small pliers).




2 comments: