Monday, January 11, 2016

Make a Wrapped Wire Ring

I bought a wrapped wire ring the other day, and after really looking at it I thought "well I can make that"...and with my friend Janis's help we tried to recreate it. I might need to file this under "bloopers" or something though - what seemed like a super simple project ended up taking us a couple hours and we never really did figure it out. We used 20 gauge copper wire, wrapped it around a ring sizer a few times, threaded the end of the wire up thru the whole thing and twisted it around to finished it. Sounds easy right? We wound and unwound the wire a bunch of times and just couldn't get it to look like the "real" one - I decided I had enough of trying to make it work and will play with it some more in the future. In the meantime, here's a look at what we did and if you decide to try it let me know if you have better luck with the finished product!
and back.
front of the original ring I bought...



wrap wire around a few times


thread ends of wire thru the stack



twist to hold in place









the finished product - back and front

No comments:

Post a Comment