Thursday, January 28, 2016

Ready for Guests!

We have company coming today for a few days and while I was getting things ready this morning I thought I'd share a couple pictures of how I organize the guest room closet and bathroom...plus I don't have time to make anything today cuz I'm crazy busy so at least maybe you'll get an idea or two from this :)

Our guest room has a large closet which is great. We put up shelves on the side and that's where I store all the sheets, blankets, beach towels, etc. Each shelve holds a different size (queen, twin for the air mattress, etc.) and I labeled them so I can remember which is which (ok, ok, I can remember just fine - I'm just a label freak).
I also have a hanging closet thing in there for clothes we don't wear very often - cocktail dresses, Dave's suits...there is still plenty of hanging space for company.


In the bathroom we have one of those over the toilet free standing shelf things that I got at Target and put together, it adds a lot of storage space for towels, etc. I like to get lots of bars of soap and put them in a big glass jar in the bathroom - it makes the room smell pretty, fresh, and clean. I get the bars at the dollar store since I need like 10 of them to fill the jar.



Under the sink I put a standing shelf - underneath is extra towels, hair dryer, etc. On top of the shelf I have a bin of all kinds of things, if I get samples for anything they go in there for guests to use. Same thing for the little toothpaste, floss and tooth brushes the dentist gives out (Dave used to not take the free bag of dental things but now he knows that they go in the guest room!). The other thing on the shelf is a small divided box (labeled health, first aid...) filled with advil, bandaids, etc. I also like to put command hooks (the stick on and easily removable kind) on the back of the cabinet doors and hang things like a mirror, brushes, etc.


Hopefully this gives you some ideas if you haven't already organized for company! Gotta run, lots to do before making the airport run :)






No comments:

Post a Comment