Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Washi Tape Lamp Shade

I have recently noticed that if something stands still long enough in my house it will get decorated...this time the lamp shades in my bedroom caught my attention and I decided to jazz them up with some leftover washi tape I have from making Christmas cards. You can find washi tape lots of places now - not just at the craft store. It's sort of like the duct tape phenomenon, all of the sudden there are tons of patterns and it's everywhere.

The lamp shades I prettied up are large white drum shades, I simply used two different patterns and sizes and taped them around the bottom edge of the shade.

Put the washi tape anywhere on the shade you'd like - whatever looks good to you. Maybe next time I'll try making a pattern, plaid or overlapping stripes would look cool. The tape is repositionable and easy to remove, won't hurt the shade at all and it's not much of a commitment - when you're tired of it or what to change it, it just peels right off.  Well, I should clarify that I've only done this to my shades and it doesn't harm them at all - maybe test yours out on the backside just to make sure it works on yours!




No comments:

Post a Comment