Friday, January 22, 2016

Kids Craft - Brooke makes a pencil holder



I asked Brooke if she has any fun crafts she would like to share on my blog, and she does! Told her she can be a regular guest blogger if she can keep coming up with projects - I wondered where she gets her ideas and she said "I just think them up". Awwwww, so cute. So now I have a new "kiddo" category, hope you enjoy and get some fun ideas.

Here she is making a cute holder out of a few basic supplies, some crayons, and a glue gun. Not sure if she has learned the lesson on her own or if she's listened to me for years telling her to be careful when using the glue gun, but she cautions everyone to be careful a couple times on this video - good for her!

Normally when we use the hot glue gun (or melt soap, candle wax, etc.) I have a bowl of ice water nearby if she accidentally gets anything on her that burns - she knows to just stick the burned finger in the water...I see she left that out of this craft session but she looks like she knows what she's doing and is being careful so I'll leave her alone about it this time :)

Supplies:
-empty toilet paper roll
-handful of crayons
-scissors
-hot glue gun
-glue sticks

Basically she just glues the crayons to the outside of the toilet paper roll - pretty easy and a cute idea.


1 comment:

  1. Brooke I loved this idea. You explained yourself really well. I am going to make it with my niece and nephew this coming week. Thank you for a great idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete