Friday, February 3, 2017

Super Bowl 2017

Figuring out what to make for Super Bowl on Sunday - told Dave I'm thinking pulled pork (again) and he said he just read something that had a breakdown of what is most popular to make for Super Bowl by state and Michigan's number one thing is pulled pork. Haha, so at least I come by it honestly LOL. This year I'm going to try a different version instead of my usual recipe, my sissy did this last year and raved about it so I'm gonna make it her way. See below for her recipe.

Not sure what else I'll make - usually guacamole and chips, and mini pigs-in-a-blanket. Click here for last years Super Bowl post to get some fun football themed ideas and my standard pulled pork recipe.

table runner made from green
felt and white duct tape


Root Beer- BBQ Pulled Pork


  • 7 pound pork shoulder roast
  • 1 liter root beer
  • Half large onion, pureed
  • 2 bottles sweet baby rays bbq sauce
  • Lawry's seasoned salt
  • Hawaiian rolls

Rub pork with lawrys, put in crock pot. Purée onion and dump over pork, pour root beer over top till full (about a liter). Cook all day 8 hours. Take out of crock pot and shred it up and take out all the fat. (It was very fatty so ended up with a lot less meat). Dump crock pot juice into a big bowl. Put pork back in with a cup of the juice from the crock pot and the BBQ sauce. Save another cup of the juice. Put all in fridge. The next morning put that extra cup of saved juice on top and heat it all up. 🐷😊 served about 40 Hawaiian rolls.


I found these commercial bingo cards online (click here) - you look for the things on your card during commercials only, first one to get "bingo" - five in a row vertical, horizontal, or diagonal wins. I'll get a small "prize"  for the winner.

1 comment:

  1. Fun! Did pulled pork last year. I think I am going traditional. Hot dogs and hamburgers with toppings. Fun hot and cool dips and chips. Popcorn, chocolate éclair dessert, and Texas sheet cake. Always a hit. Beer for my husband and soft drinks and juice with the rest of us and the little ones.

    ReplyDelete